OCENS has been informed by Inmarsat that the latest firmware version 1.16 will be feature critical for all Thrane & Thrane FB SAILOR 150, 250, 500 and BGAN units by 1st June 2013.
Terminals not upgraded to this firmware version will not be able to receive calls on the IP handset. Only the terminals listed above using the Thrane & Thrane/Cobham IP handset will be affected. Terminals with a standard two wire handset will continue to work as normal.
Other features included in this release:
• Support for Fax and 3.1kHz Audio on SAILOR 150
• Restoration of an open PDP context on a UT power cycle
• Support to ThraneLINK, a sophisticated communication protocol that connects the SAILOR products in a network
To Upgrade your firmware, follow the steps below:
1. Download from the link below the latest Thrane and Thrane firmware to a zip disk:
FILE SIZE is approximately 7 MB. DO NOT download over your satellite connection. Download over wifi or other connection to an external zip disk and carry to the boat.
2. Unzip and extract the contents of the downloaded file to a known location on the computer attached to your Sailor or BGAN terminal;
3. Launch your web browser and load the Dashboard by typing into the address bar:
4. Click on ‘Settings’ on the left side of the Dashboard
5. Click on the ‘Upload’ menu and in the section ‘Upload Software to Terminal’, click on ‘Browse’ button
6. Point your cursor to the location on your computer to which you extracted the file in Step 2 above
7. Highlight ‘bganx_bdu.ao_1_16-0012-bganx_bdu.dl’ and select (Open)
8. This returns you to the Dashboard. Click the ‘Upload’ button to the right of the Browse button.
9. The system will upload the new firmware and restart your equipment. IF it does not restart the terminal automatically, do so manually.
After the terminal has restarted, return to the dashboard and confirm that the software version on the main page reads:
1.16, build 12