From time to time satellite phone manufacture’s & carriers come out with updates to their devices. These updates are called firmware updates since they change the devices core functioning software. The updates can do anything from fix bugs found in the previous firmware release(s) to adding new features & tools. Running an outdated firmware means you’re not only missing out on these updates, but can also produce incompatibilities with value-add equipment like docking stations.
As of May 25, 2016 the following are the current firmware versions for these common satellite products:
- Thrane & Thrane Sailor FleetBroadband – v 1.22
- Thrane & Thrane Sailor IP Handset – v 1.17
- Skipper FleetBroadband 150 – v 1.7.0
- Hughes BGAN 9202 – v 126.96.36.199
- Hughes BGAN 9201 – v 188.8.131.52
- Sabre 1 BGAN – v 14.5.1
- Safari – v R0.2.0.0
- iSavi – v R0.1.1.0
- Thrane Explorer 700 – v 3.08
- Thrane Explorer 710 – v 1.06
- Iridium Pilot – AO12003
- Iridium 9575 – HL15002
- Iridium 9555 – HT15002
- Iridium GO! – v 1.4.1
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro – v 5.11.0
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro 2 – v 2
Listed below are the websites where the latest firmware is available. Always consult your owners manual for the steps to take to check the firmware of your satellite device, as well as the procedure on how to update it. Of course, always feel free to contact OCENS if you need any assistance.
BEAM Communications (Inmarsat/Iridium SatPhone Docking Stations)
NOTE- BEAM firmware is located on the support page for each individual BEAM product associated with this link.