Inmarsat just released its 2nd Generation handheld satellite phone, the IsatPhone Pro 2, which is now available from OCENS.
In a nutshell, it does everything the IsatPhone Pro Gen. 1 does, along with the following additional features and improvements:
- SOS (assistance) button: sends GPS coordinates and message to emergency contacts
- Automated GPS position reporting (tracking) [Gen. 1 can only report manually]
- Receives calls with the antenna stowed [Gen. 1 requires the antenna to be deployed]
- Extended battery capacity: 160 hrs. of standby time [Gen. 1 has about 100 hrs.]
- Improved weatherproofing: IP65 [Gen. 1: IP54]
It also has a sleek black finish, so unless you are big fan of the Inmarsat royal blue, this is also a design improvement.
See complete details on the phone here: http://www.ocens.com/IsatPhone-Pro-2-P544C61.aspx